The mountain is close to the city so most tours start at 7:00am and start the climb by 8:30am. An itinerary of the mt Longonot national park hiking tour looks like this one here:
- 7:00am: Leave Nairobi for mt Longonot national park
- 8:30am: Start the hike up the mountain
- 10:30am: Reach the Mt Longonot crater rim and go around the crater.
- 12:30pm: Descend to the base and depart for lake Naivasha.
- 1:00pm: Enjoy a lunch at the fisherman camp
- 2:00pm: Optional boat ride in the lake Naivasha
- 3:30pm: Depart for Nairobi
- 5:30pm: Drop off in town or hotel. End of Mt Longonot national park Tour.